Ancient Cryptography

April 23, 2024, 10:57:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Ancient Cryptography » General » Just About Anything » Keep Us Alive!

Author Topic: Keep Us Alive!  (Read 3585 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
Keep Us Alive!
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:49:38 AM »
I'm glad that we've gotten so many new members lately, but I would greatly appreciate it if more people would post. If anyone is really interested in cryptography and possibly has some ideas for making the forum better I could make you a moderator. ;)

thanrose

• The Dead Sea Scrolls foretold this...
Re: Keep Us Alive!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:29:52 AM »
I'm definitely not interested in moderator. I like old mysterious things or stuff that sticks with you. I haven't read the Da Vinci Code, and I'm a cold hard skeptic.

Remember "REDRUM"?

How about license plates and e-names like "10SNE1"?

I'm a bit of an urban guerilla, but I've done my share of fossil hunting. Lots of weird things to see and wonder about. I'm also interested in Joe Nickell style debunking and William Maples style forensic anthropology.

So I guess I'm on the periphery of this group. Is Farley Mowat right about the original Anglos and their near pure descendants on the Labrador coast? Were the shell middens near me anything more than garbage heaps, and what happened with "CROATAN"?  And! Is there an actual code in the tv series "LOST"?

i had an M friend that was a teenage cryptographer for the US in WWII. She along with thousands of others would submit their solution to various types of code as a Sunday Times newspaper feature. The handful of consistently winning kids were recruited to work on code breaking for the Army, I think.

Okay, that's enough diversion from me for today.

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 08:44:14 PM »
Cool, I didn't know they had that kind of recruiting method back in WWII... sounds a bit like Mercury Rising.

And yeah, I'm really big into archaeological mysteries as well. I really want to know what happened to that long lost city in Antarctica.

Stun90

• The important thing is not to stop questioning...
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 11:23:57 AM »
I think that maybe we could present more of our own cyphers here. Maybe ask members to email us them (with solution of course). Whether be their own or others that they have solved. Post one every month, with a solution posted the following month along with another cypher. Starting out with the easiest, the earliest ones even. Analyzing the difficulty of them, then once a year present one that is a little more challenging. We could also create polls to get the group more involved. I could have added a poll in the Subject that I just created. "The Rayburn Cypher" To allow members to express themselves in a vote before describing in the thread how they feel about a certain subject, An overwhelming vote one way or another would not mean that a subject is moot. Perhaps the votes would never end. Stirring up more thought. A poll would just show how we feel about a certain cypher as a group, not as individuals. Individual thoughts will always be welcome. Individuality is what sustains a group. (I made that one up). Use this forum to a higher potential than what it is being used. There are a lot of members here, that have studied cyphers and those that are just newbies but just as curious. Also, leaving the start of a thread open may invite more replies and may create more opinions of the cyphers here. Who knows, maybe someone may progress the path to solving one or perhaps, open up a new alley to explore. Is there anything that members would like to see or do in this forum?
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:09:50 AM »
Yeah, homemade ciphers are more than welcome here, they can be posted in Other Mysteries. ;)

redroseviking

• The Dead Sea Scrolls foretold this...
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
I am doing my best, replying to some of the messages.

Could we have some cryptos to solve? Nothing too abstruse and with hints.

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:33:16 PM »
Soon, the forums will be closed down in a couple hours as soon as I figure out how to finish getting the domain transferred to the new server. I'm working on a site rehaul.

anything