Ancient Cryptography

April 25, 2024, 04:20:49 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Ancient Cryptography » General » Just About Anything » Finding A Job

Author Topic: Finding A Job  (Read 3914 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
Finding A Job
« on: October 20, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »
I wish it were easier to find a job, but the application process always take a good hour and the forms for all jobs aren't easily filled out quickly... you'd think for the online type applications at least they could make the applications "saveable" so you could resubmit and only change the minor information that would be different for some other place you apply to.

Sorry about the rant, it just kinda cheeses me off that I've been without money for the good part of 4 months. At least the break was good for my sanity...

Dutch

• Goede Dag.
Re: Finding A Job
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:57:38 AM »
I know the feeling about applying for new jobs.  I work for Guardsmark as a security officer and supervisor.  Not only did I have to go through all the fun paperwork and applications, but I also had to take a psychological test of more than 600 questions.  Talk about fun. It took all day to complete the paperwork and part of the next day.   i :(
DUTCH

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:03:41 PM »
Dang, that's rough... I know they want to be careful, but still... some people DO just make up answers...

Oh, and I think I might have finally found a job at the Discovery Channel store. :D Not sure how long it will last but we'll see. *crosses fingers*

Dutch

• Goede Dag.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:54 PM »
I hope that everything goes well for you in your job hunting.  Something will show up.  Just don't get discouraged. 8)
DUTCH

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 12:28:19 AM »
Thanks.  ;D

And actually, the job is official! And I'm being interviewed for another small position at the library, just a sub librarian job but ideally I want to work as a library aide one day. :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:28:44 AM by Aaron »

Stun90

• The important thing is not to stop questioning...
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »
Aaron, did yo ever see the movie "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear"? Flynn Carsen was "only" a librarian.  ;D Good luck!
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:08:04 AM »
Heh, yeah, that movie rocked. :D

Thanks!