Ancient Cryptography

March 28, 2024, 10:33:27 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Ancient Cryptography » General » Other Mysteries » The Oak Island Money Pit

Author Topic: The Oak Island Money Pit  (Read 4009 times)

Anomaly

• The Dead Sea Scrolls foretold this...
The Oak Island Money Pit
« on: September 29, 2004, 12:31:02 AM »
Hi, I'm new!  I thought I'd post another cipher.  It's a short graphical one, and it potentially contains the secret to entering the Oak Island Money Pit, or possibly tells what's in there.  Some believe it has been solved, but others think there must be more to it because firstly, the solution seems just a little off and perhaps too easy, and secondly, there's still no one who knows how to get to the treasure or what it is.  There is lots of evidence, though, that something is down there and that the pit is not a natural occurrence.  You can find the basic information here:

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Nova_Scotia/oakisland.htm

Lives have even been lost in attempts to force a way into the pit.  I wonder what's down there!
Anomaly

Aaron

• Administrator
Re: The Oak Island Money Pit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 12:16:45 PM »
Might want to read over this link first: http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/index.html

They do say that some aspects have been caused by natural occurences, and that if there really was a money pit, it would not go 200 feet down. Also, that inscription is doubtful as there is not really proof that that was the inscription on the tablet, as it has kind of disappeared over time and no actual photo was ever taken of it. The treasure itself may have slipped into a recess somewhere underneath the island and a fair distance away from the original pit.

You're more than welcome to try and come up with an alternate solution, just cautioning that you shouldn't go to Oak Island and risk your life looking for the treasure.

kleigh2

• Grandma Kleigh
  • Look, Listen, Learn...puzzle pieces R everywhere!
Re: The Oak Island Money Pit
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 12:09:40 PM »
Hi, I'm new!  I thought I'd post another cipher.  It's a short graphical one, and it potentially contains the secret to entering the Oak Island Money Pit, or possibly tells what's in there.  Some believe it has been solved, but others think there must be more to it because firstly, the solution seems just a little off and perhaps too easy, and secondly, there's still no one who knows how to get to the treasure or what it is.  There is lots of evidence, though, that something is down there and that the pit is not a natural occurrence.  You can find the basic information here:
http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Nova_Scotia/oakisland.htm
Lives have even been lost in attempts to force a way into the pit.  I wonder what's down there!
Anomaly

Thanks for the link to this site & information.  I saw an old documentary on this cipher/puzzle some years ago and was quite intrigued by it.  It has a reverse-pyramid feel to it, to me.  However, I did not recall that it was in Nova Scotia, and that is especially interesting to me since I visited there in 1972 to see a total solar eclipse, never realizing how close I was to this phenomina...

I will be following up on your link to see what info it provides!

Thanks again,   :) kleigh2
<a>GeoCaching: the cipher & puzzle-solving-game you can play all over the earth.  Some easy, some hard, all fun![/url]

anything