Ancient Cryptography

April 19, 2024, 10:03:02 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Ancient Cryptography » General » Just About Anything » Cryptography Programming

Author Topic: Cryptography Programming  (Read 4247 times)

Dutch

• Goede Dag.
Cryptography Programming
« on: July 10, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »
I have a program which enciphers a plaintext message using a K2 key using simple substitution.  It is available to anyone who would like to have a copy of their own.  Just e-mail me at:  archieb42164@yahoo.com and I will send it as an attachment.  If anyone is interested in programming enciphering or deciphering  applications,  we can start a group in which we exchange code and techniques.

Dutch
DUTCH

Aaron

• Administrator
Re: Cryptography Programming
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
I once programmed quite a few of the simpler ciphers in Linux, though I'm sure that encrypter/decrypter programs with expansive functionality already exist. Still, it would be nice to make something which has many possible choices for encrpytion and decryption and maybe throw in a few new ones or uncommon methods. That way one could quickly take a block of text and try multiple methods of cracking the cipher with ease.

Stun90

• The important thing is not to stop questioning...
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 10:28:43 AM »
Dutch, that sounds great. We need more encyphering and decyphering.   Also exchanging techniqueswas one of the reasoons that I joined here. Please send it to me.
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

lyratzis

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 09:10:08 PM »
forgive my ignorance, but what is a K2 key?

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 10:49:07 PM »
That's a good question... I don't rightly know. Google doesn't seem to be helping. Hopefully Dutch can clarify.

Dutch

• Goede Dag.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »
A K2 keyword is where the plain alphabet is the normal alphabet in standard sequence and the cipher alphabet has the keyword.

P:  ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
c:   BCDFGHJKLMOQRTUWYZEXPNSIVA

I hope that this answer and example will help.  Sorry for any confusion.

Dutch
DUTCH

Aaron

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »
Ah, I see. So it's just substitution with a known keyword somewhere in the cipher key.

7thdayjim

• Deacon
  • GBAMERICA!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 03:00:55 AM »
Dutch, sounds good, please send me your program. Thanks
Jim

MadMax

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:03:31 PM »
I wrote an RSA encryption program in Python.  Ke and Kd (the public and private keys) are created from primes of at least 100 digits.

The encryption interface is pretty easy to use.  There is a box to put in plaintext and a button to encrypt it, which is dependent on who you are sending the encryption to (theoretically, everyone has a unique public/private key set).  The encrypted numerical string is output into another box.  This is what you send the intended recipient.

The decryption interface works the same way, only inverse to the encryption interface. 

If anyone is interested in having this program to use for yourself, email me at: hanieldardin@writing.com.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:28:48 AM by MadMax »